Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I think I need to start actually putting my dreams here again o.o I've been slacking.

I awake.
I find myself in a place I have never been, yet it feels so familiar.
The sun is hidden behind a wall of clouds.
Redwood trees loom over me, and I feel insignificant in their presence. I stand and look around. The air becomes cold on my skin, and I realize I am naked.
I start walking, but I don't know what way to go. Anxiety grips me as I spin around and around in circles, looking for any clues to lead me somewhere.
I sit down, and begin to cry. I feel so confused, I feel betrayed, but I don't understand why I have these feelings.
I fall asleep.
I hear running water and I am started awake.
I am laying on a riverbank, still naked, but now covered in scrapes and bruises. It's getting dark. I pull myself up and look around. The forest is empty, and almost silent.
I begin to shout, but there is no answer. Each word comes out more and more panicked. Silence roars back at me with such an intensity that I don't even hear the gurgle of the river anymore.

I start to run. I follow the river downhill, not knowing what direction I am going. Soon my legs begin to burn, and my heart thumps loud. I feel so weak, I just want to stop, to lay down, and feel the energy of the earth course through my body.
But I don't.
I continue to run, and finally when I feel like I can't go a step farther, I see a house in the distance. My spirit is suddenly renewed, and I feel like I could run forever. I sprint towards the house and stop at its door.

I stand nervously in front of the shack, and work up the courage to knock. I hear rustling inside, and I wonder if I should turn back. But I stay. The door opens, and in front of me is myself. When I see me I start to cry, and my other self does as well, and I reach for me, to comfort myself, and suddenly I am alone again, in the woods with no house in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment